Thursday, January 21, 2010

When it rains . . .

So today was my first day back to work.  That also means it was Kasey's first day of getting Andrew to and from school with Edward.  And, as luck would have it, today was a massive rain storm, and tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad.

Waiting for the bus in the rain was an adventure, or so I'm told (I was in my office, blissfully unaware of the issues).  Luckily they can do most of the waiting in the garage, and without the car in there, Kasey could even push the stroller enough to lull Edward to sleep.  However, the bus drove by since there was no one outside.  This stressed Andrew out, so he went out to the sidewalk (and the rain) to wait for the bus to come back (which it did, because Kasey has the bus barn phone number programmed into his cell.  Do I have a brilliant hubby or what?).

The walk home wasn't something Kasey was even willing to attempt to navigate, so uncle Randy was called to provide a much needed ride from the school.  Grandpa is on schedule for tomorrow, since uncle Randy will be in class. 

I'm told Edward missed mommy today, and he's sleeping well enough in my arms tonight that I think I believe it.  I think Kasey missed me too. :)  Winning the lottery is sounding better and better. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy to be available to provide Taxi service.
    I'm all for winning the Lotery

    ReplyDelete