Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm a trendsetter!!

I'm part of a family that has some interesting age situations.  I'm 11 years younger than my husband, who is the youngest boy in his family.  Because of that, he has nephews who are younger than me, but not by a whole lot.  One of his nephews (Josh) is recently married and expecting their first child.  We discuss how ironic it is that my son (who is not yet 5 weeks old) is the cousin to someone who is expecting their first child just a few months from now.

In a family as into homemade items as this one, there are lots of great ideas floating around.  Since I'm having the first little baby in a while, I get the benefit of a lot of them . . . . the handcrafted burp cloths, the wonderful nursing cover (which I just got today, thanks Kim!!), the handmade and customized diaper bag . . . the list seems to go on and on. :)

Josh was over at our house today helping us do some rearranging and playing on the Wii.  I shared with him some of the wonderful items that his Aunt Kim made for us, and he kept commenting he wants one.  He finally said he wants everything he's seen today that his aunt made for us. :)  I don't blame him, they are really cool items!!  In case you're reading and curious Kim, "everything" means a nursing cover, bassinet sheets, burp cloths and the adjustable sling we described to him that you haven't actually made yet! :)

I'll post a picture of Edward, the nursing blanket and I as soon as Kasey gets back and I can make him take a picture. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got it, Josh will have to get with me as to what they need. Maybe I will give Kim a gift cert to shop at my Etsy site and just load lots of baby items on it. You keep testing the products and let me have your feed back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kid, I will have to sit down with and tell you about some of the other unsual age situations that we have. Pops

    ReplyDelete