Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Added a section - what we'd like

At the request of my sister-in-law, I've added a section on the side of things we'd like related to Edward.  Most things on the list are things that can be sewn or made, because Kim sews (she's amazing at it!) and if she wants ideas on stuff to make for us, I'm going to do what I can to give them to her. :)

Speaking of Kim, I want to share a few pictures of things she's made so far.  She was in town this week, and brought me "sheets" for the bassinet, along with matching burp cloths.  The burp cloths match, she tells me, because it was a nice amount of fabric left over after she made the sheets, and her daughter Mary pointed out that I was using plain white cloths for burp rags and we should have something more fun.  Thanks Mary!!

Kim has an etsy site, where she sells some items she makes.  She'd love for you to take a look, and hey, if I can't use my blog to shamelessly promote my family's businesses, what good is it, right? :)  CraftsbyKimberlie

This is one sheet and one burp cloth.  The sheet is so simple, it is more like a pillowcase, but it has a velcro closure.  Not only does it fit well, but on the thin bassinet mattress it doesn't bunch up, and it's so easy to get on and off.


Here are two of the burp cloths folded over like they would be on the shoulder.  Aren't they cute??


And of course, one of the coolest things Kim has made for us - the wolf diaper bag.  She made this using a t-shirt of Kasey's that had holes in it, so he couldn't wear it anymore.  So not only is it gorgeous, but it's made from recycled materials! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment